DRM or Digital rights management is a access control technology that controls what you can do with the media and hardware you’ve purchased. For example, you bought ebook from Amazon.com but you can not read that book in your choice of ebook reader. That ebook is DRM protected and can not be shared.
Microsoft® DRM plugin is included in Windows versions up to XP Home/Pro, in Windows Media Player directory. It is used when you purchase and download protected music. If you try to delete it, Windows will restore automatically.
This plugin does not harm your computer. There is no actual use of this plugin and users cant update it manually. Firefox may show this plugin as outdated or older version, but no new version of this plugin can be updated.
How to remove Microsoft® DRM Plugin?
This works if you have installed your Windows on C: Drive, if not change it to correct drive.
- Copy text below and save it to removedrm.cmd and save it to C: directory.
del "C:Program FilesWindows Media Playernpdrmv2.dll"
del "C:Program FilesWindows Media Playernpwmsdrm.dll"
- Start PC in safe mode. ( Restart and press F8)
- Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Go to root ‘C:’ if you are not already. Press ‘cd’ without quotes to go to the root.
- Type the filename we created removedrm.cmd and press enter
- Exit safe mode and start your PC in normal mode, DRM plugins are gone.